Friday, April 11, 2014

My Magazine Is The Place For “All” Your News Updates, Except For Facebook



via AndroidHeadlines.com |

Samsung-Unpacked-IFA-2013-Note-3-My-Magazine-002


If you’re a Samsung Galaxy device user then you may or may not get your news from Samsung’s My Magazine news feed. For those of you that are upgrading to the Galaxy S5 today or sometime soon and you frequently check your Facebook feed for news updates, My Magazine reportedly still doesn’t support Facebook so you may want to hold out or go with a different app. Although this won’t be an issue for many, there are still legions of people that use Facebook religiously for any of their news and updates so it just seems like an odd move not to update the My Magazine app to support the social feed. If you just like the style you could always use Flipboard, or if you want to all Google you could simply download and enjoy Play Newsstand which is my current favorite.


My Magazine is a feature that can be left on or turned off at the users discretion. This is great news for those of you that don’t see the need to keep anything that’s out of use powered on and running in the background. The ticker box to uncheck the My Magazine feature can be found within the settings menu. All you have to do is navigate to settings and scroll to Sound and Display, then expand the drop down menu to find and enter homescreen settings. Once inside you’ll see the My Magazine box that you can uncheck, and that’s it.


Why Samsung has chosen to leave Facebook out of the supported list of feeds is a mystery but perhaps they’re working on something to update it in the future. My Magazine sounds like it is supposed to serve as Samsung answer to Blink Feed, which is a homescreen destination where the user can access all of their news in one place. The homescreen is always accessible so there’s really no better place to put it. We know some of you may have been hoping for My Magazine to work with Facebook, but just remember you have other options at your disposal. If you don’t like Flipboard, and you’re not a fan of PlayNewsstand, my other recommendation would be to check out Pulse, which has a pretty good homescreen widget for keeping updated on the fly.


The post My Magazine Is The Place For “All” Your News Updates, Except For Facebook appeared first on AndroidHeadlines.com |.


http://bit.ly/1sNfANP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts....